home

Thursday 29 December 2016

Merry & Bright

This week i tried my hand at coloring an angel, for the Merry & Bright at The Mixed Media Monthly Challenge. The Christmas pic is an old black and white of my mom and two of her siblings, she is the one on the left side crossed legged on the floor.

I started with watercolor paper that i did a light color wash with my water soluble wax pastels.  Next I found a old vintage print of an angel and drew her onto the top of the page then colored.

Next added some doilys onto page, used a stencil and distress ink.  I wish I used a permanent ink once I started adding more color the distress ink blurred.  Next applied white crackle paste through a stencil, added color around stencil with Lindy's Creme Burle Cream.  At this point is very light color which i like very much I added to much color later on.

Added more color.



I wanted to highlight the stencil pattern, so
Step 1- Used a paint brush and ground espresso distress ink to darken around pattern
Step 2- Sharpen a black water color pencil dip point into water and outline around pattern.  Needs to be super sharp and you will need to continually dip in water.
Step 3- Use a baby wipe to wipe off excess color on pattern
Step 4- Paint pattern with blue acrylic paint, then add a light coat of gold acrylic paint
Step 5- Lightly rub a brown water color pencil on cracks of pattern.  This will highlight the cracks

Phew you tired?

Here's how it looks.  Now here is where i think i added to much color, I wanted it to be a lighter page, thought it would look more angelical you know since there is an angel and all.


Finished layout with photo cluster.  I used tags, chipboard wallpaper texture, microbeads, corrugated cardboard, and cardstock texture.

Before the cluster went down sprinkled Stampendous shabby white embossing powder on page heat from the bottom to set.  Next randomly stamp with texture stamps and black archival ink.

To add the micro beads randomly paint on gel medium while it is still wet sprinkle with micro beads.  To finish add journal statement and splatter white gesso on clusters.


Now for the close ups- I love the close ups, I always like my pages more in the close ups lol.  I really think the photo cluster would pop more if the background was lighter.  Next time that is the goal.

I am now up to 48 followers almost made my 50 follower mark by the end of the year.  Thanks everyone.






No comments:

Post a Comment