home

Sunday 7 September 2014

Compendium of Curiosities 3, Challenge 10

here it is challenge 10, just out Studio L3 blog- assemblage clock on page 33 of Compendium of Curiosities Volume 3.  This is my final product, not what i have pictured when i first started this project.  Usually i lend to grungy and masculine, but this turned out to be feminine and soft.

I created a tree with wire that i twisted up for a trunk and bend into branches and roots.  I positioned the tree along the side and bent over and formed the branches into the curve of the clock.
Along the bottom i hide the construction with shaved ice fragments from stampendous, also added small blossoms along bottom.
I ran glue along the branches and covered them with shaved ice as well.










the close up, for the background i used rays layering stencil and color bloom spray- peony.  I added accent glimmer of perfect pearl biscotti spray.  I highlighted the rays with vintage photo distress ink and applied it with a water pen.














I painted the outside of the clock with patina ink- layers and layers of quartz and marine.


I am still not sure if i like the final project but here it is, enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. Hello Glenda! Wow...your beachy sunset scene you've created in your clock is really unique and I like it alot! Love your twisted tree! Very clever! Tim's ray's work nicely in your background. Love the feminine touch on this clock. The white exterior is very striking, too! Thanks for sharing your clock with all of us at CC3C. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tree and beachy feel. Love the white too! Thank you so much for joining us in the Assemblage Clock challenge at CC3Challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how I want to be loungin on that beach, sipping a pina colada! Great alteration... Thanks for playing along with the CC3 Challenge and hope to see you again soon x

    ReplyDelete